Jason S. Schnelker
Jason has extensive experience representing business clients and individuals across a broad swath of industries, including, but not limited to, technology and other service-based companies, family offices, advertising agencies, manufacturing companies, transportation companies, and real estate developers. He serves as outside general counsel to his clients, assisting them with everything from contract drafting and review to start-up and investment consultation to mergers and acquisitions. He is regular counsel to companies and individuals in transactions involving several hundred thousand dollars to more than $90 million. He also regularly assists clients with executive employment matters, financing, and commercial real estate transactions. He consistently provides value to his clients through proactive, efficient, and timely service.
Education & Honors
- Indiana University, B.A.J. in Journalism, with distinction (1994)
- Indiana University School of Law at Bloomington, J.D. (1997)
- Member, National Moot Court Team
Professional & Community Activities
- Former member of the Character and Fitness Committee for the and former member of the State Bar of Michigan Representative Assembly
- Author and lecturer, Commercial Lending in Michigan (National Business Institute, 2002)
- Past President of Rockford, Michigan chapter of Business Network International
- Past Member of the Board of Directors for the Builders Exchange of Grand Rapids and Western Michigan
- Past Member of the Commission on Church Order of the Reformed Church of America
- Past Member of the Board of Benefit Services of the Reformed Church of America
- Past President of the Board of Directors of the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Grand Rapids Dirt Dawgs youth mountain biking program
Jason is also a co-founder of theprogram in Grand Rapids. The program provides business suits to job placement and training organizations focused on providing job skills and opportunities to the displaced or less fortunate members of the community.
Jason lives in Cascade with his wife Windy and his daughters, Alexis and Auburn.