Wade is an experienced litigator in the areas of business and commercial litigation, real estate disputes, employment-related litigation, construction litigation, collection issues, and divorce and family law.
He has successfully represented clients dealing with issues involving partnership disputes, complex contract disputes, employer-employee non-competes, and unfair competition-related cases. He has handled complicated business collection cases in multiple settings, including the pursuit of debtors fraudulently transferring assets to avoid business creditors. He has extensive experience protecting secured creditors and their collateral.
Wade also has experience representing clients in real estate disputes. He has helped commercial real estate clients evict tenants, pursue past due rent, and resolve disputes over commercial leases. He has successfully represented multiple Lake Michigan waterfront property owners in cases involving boundaries, adverse possession claims, and riparian rights. Wade has helped enforce real estate purchase agreements for both the buyer and the seller.
Finally, Wade focuses a significant portion of his practice on representing individuals in divorce and family law. He has represented clients of all backgrounds, including homemakers, doctors, military professionals, business owners, teachers, salespeople, accountants, real estate developers and agents, electricians, bankers, professional managers, retirees, and general laborers.
Because he has represented such a diverse portfolio of people, he is able to help his clients through a difficult experience by tailoring their case to each specific situation. Whether that means protecting custody and visitation rights, guarding a business, dealing with complex valuation and tax issues, making sure adequate support is received, or ensuring a fair division of property and debts, Wade is focused on his clients’ interests, legal rights, and results.
Education & Honors
- Aquinas College, Bachelor of Arts with Dual Major in History and Political Science (1998)
- Wayne State University, Juris Doctorate, cum laude (2001)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Michigan Rising Stars listing in Super Lawyers magazine in the field of Business Litigation
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the
- Admitted to practice law in federal court in the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan
- Member of the
- Member of both Michigan and Grand Rapids Bar Litigation Sections
- Member of both Michigan and Grand Rapids Family Law Sections
- Board of Directors for Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids, member of the board’s Executive Committee, and past Board Chairman
- Former Member and President of Business Networking International (BNI)
- Former Member and Vice-Chair of Gilda’s Club: Club Red
- Member and former officer of Grand Rapids Bar Solo/Small Firm Section
Wade resides in Cascade Township with his wife, Nicole, and his three children, Addison, Emmerson, and Grant.